The Presidential Scholars Program offers the premier undergraduate merit scholarship at Florida State University. We invest in undergraduate students with extraordinary potential to be the transformational leaders of their generation. Through a specially designed four-year sequence of coursework and engaged learning experiences, those in the Presidential Scholars community learn to be critical, collaborative, and innovative thinkers who use their talents to make meaningful contributions to society. The Presidential Scholars engage in programming created to explore our four foundational tenets: Wisdom, Leadership, Service, and Character.
- The total award package for Presidential Scholars is $38,000, plus an out-of-state tuition waiver (valued at $57,776 over four years). This includes:
- $14,000 Presidential Scholarship distributed over four years
- $12,000 Admissions Scholarship distributed over four years
- $12,000 for educational enrichment opportunities including international experiences such as International Programs and Global Scholars, research and creative projects, service learning projects or public service, internships, and entrepreneurial development.
- Enroll in a robust four-year curriculum created for the Presidential Scholars program focused on critical thinking, team building, service learning, and creative problem solving. We meet on Friday afternoons in your first year. All scholars attend monthly meetings on Sundays throughout your four years.
- Conduct world-class research. All scholars participate in the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program in their first year.
- Live in Landis Hall for your first year for an immersive residential experience and create strong friendships and memories as a cohort.
- Utilize your $12,000 of enrichment funding to travel, study, and work around the world
- The Scholars participate in an annual Public Service Experience around impactful topics such as food insecurity on campus, voting rights, and campus sustainability
- We foster a robust interdisciplinary environment that encourages innovation. Explore what it means to be a leader.
- Presidential Scholars are leaders in numerous organizations on campus and in the community.
- Scholars receive entrepreneurial support for creative ideas that have led to the creation of impactful organizations like the Academic Recruitment Organization (ARO), Power of WE, and DARASA – a local immigrant resettlement support organization.
- Be a part of a vibrant student community. Make life-long friends in a supportive Presidential Scholars family through frequent meals, programs, and social events.
- Investigate the role of service in society.
- Enjoy a strong cohort building and engagement model through monthly Scholars Sunday meetings.
- Join Presidential Scholars student leadership on student executive board; diversity, equity, and inclusion board; and service board.
- Conduct engaged public service to connect our campus with the Tallahassee community.
- Pay it forward as you mentor your peers and younger classes of Scholars.
- Outgrow your dreams to embrace your potential
- Collaborate with the Office of National Fellowships and other campus partners on phenomenal national programs.
- Network with talented and successful Presidential Scholar program alumni who are excited to support you on your journey.
- Work on your personal vision and goals through conversations with our professional team.
- Receive mentoring from older scholars.
The application for Presidential Scholars and the University Honors Program (UHP) are combined into a single application in the FSU admissions portal. Admission to the program is highly competitive, open to high school seniors enrolling in all disciplines, and provides access to the best Florida State University has to offer our students in a highly collaborative environment. All Presidential Scholars are automatically accepted into the UHP as well. The Presidential Scholars Program was launched, in part, through a generous gift from Linda and Philip Lewis.